Anti-discrimination OfficerUoH is committed to equity and social justice
Prof. Gona Naik
Dy. Registrar (Reservation Cell)
The university has appointed an Anti-Discrimination Officer in accordance with UGC (Promotion of Equity in Higher Education Institutions) Regulations, 2012.
The university is committed to equity and social justice. The University ensures that its students receive quality higher education without any discrimination. The university is committed to providing effective student support services keeping in mind disadvantaged students.
The Officer will look into any distinction, exclusion, limitation or preference which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing equality of treatment in education and in particular-
- of depriving a student or a group of students on the basis of caste, creed, religion, language, ethnicity, gender, disability or access to education of any type or at any level;
- of imposing conditions or any student or group of students which are incompatible with the dignity of humanity; and
- of subject to the provision of establishing or maintaining separate educational systems or institutions for students or groups of students based on caste, creed, religion, language, ethnicity, gender and disabilities.
Any student or their parents/guardians/ teaching/ non-teaching staff who wish to bring to the notice of University any act of discrimination faced by them should complain in writing to the Anti-discriminatory Officer. It may be noted that:
- A complaint about the discrimination or harassment as defined in the UGC regulations may be made in writing by a student or a parent of a student.
- The complaint shall include sufficient details of the alleged act of discrimination or harassment.
The Officer, upon inquiry, shall submit a report to the Vice-chancellor who will then initiate appropriate action as per the statutes and ordinances of the university or as per UGC regulations.